Thursday, March 06, 2008

Of Anal Shit, or killing your parents

Now that can be a perfectly normal Bengali name: Awenaul (meaning fire) Sheat (a rather uncommon Bengali surname). If you have a name like that, it means either your parents didn't know English or the urge to maul one's offsprings is not restricted to certain species of cats and lions. Against all faith in human goodness, I have to admit the second possibility because the story of the unfortunately named Anal was told to me by a friend who lives in the US. There he met a Bong couple who had named their only son Anal. I'm sure those parents knew what they were doing.

All this reminds of the shit humour, in every sense, I read in The Dilbert Blog yesterday. I am disgusted, but I'm sure I can stoop lower. I want you guys to create names that, in English transliteration, bring out the worst in humanity and instigate deeds that make Oedipous look like a saint.

I have done my bit in the title.

8 comments:

PriyatRaj said...

hey, u have been referenced in the following post: http://asrek.blogspot.com.

Dip Narayan said...

Hey thanks, Priya! I went to asrek, and was delighted to find the name of my blog in the middle of "scatological humour" and "anal shit".

PriyatRaj said...

Lolz! As they say, any publicity is good publicity. :-) To make a fine point, "anal shit" was your creation...

Shoma said...

holygod! this i like...i shall get back to you b4 i name my kids:P

misti said...

umm...if you will allow me a slight digression. i think you are being rather unfair to poor Oedipus out here. i mean, come on, the chap really didn't know what he was doing. big bad Fate and all that.

Dip Narayan said...

@priya: unfortunately I'm not getting much publicity in spite of all the gratuitous references to sex. I should sink lower I think.

@Shoma: Hello cutiepie, welcome to my blog. :) You shouldn't come to me unless you want to name your daughter something like Ujjoljwalabibhasitalochona or your son Hrididwaipayan.

@ misti: Hybris it was. Wasn't referring to being a mother******. His parricide was an outcome of his hybris, or that's what I remember from the sundry analyses I did once mug up.

muktiprakash said...

u'r bogs are typically dipudaesque or hinduhostelian. thanx for bringing back those days of brilliant sensible nonsense.

Raison d'ĂȘtre said...

very nice... speaking of wicked names... try some punjabi names.... before you ROLF.... good write btw...